Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Welcome Back!

Mr. O'Connor

I want to welcome your daughter/son to Grade 4! New beginnings come with excitement and wonder. New friends, old friends and a new teacher!

Let me tell you a few things about my background. The school year 2019-2020 marks my fourth year here at Auburn Bay School. I have taught in different places. Before Auburn Bay, I taught at Maple Ridge ES and Cappy Smart ES in Calgary. For several years, I taught at Tyler ES in Manassas, Virginia. Before that, I taught at a secondary school in Toronto. My pastimes include going to movies, walking/hiking, concerts, listening to music and reading novels. I enjoy spending time with my family and our cat Mimosa. She is 14 years old and requires extra care as she grows older. This blog is shared with Ms. Henderson's grade 4 class as we will be doing a lot of collaborating this year. As I mentioned, when we start anew, we have excitement and wonder. Beginnings can be delicate or explosive. Beginnings hold the promise of new lessons to be learned, new territory to be explored and old lessons to be recalled, practiced and appreciated. I start this year with the hope that as we care, create and collaborate as a learning community we will discover and explore new ideas and share them with one another. Let the exploration begin!        
Ms. Henderson 

Welcome to grade 4! My name is Christina Henderson and I am thrilled to be teaching your child this year. This is my 12th year of teaching with the Calgary Board of Education. This is my fourth year at Auburn Bay School. When I am not teaching I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I enjoy a good cup of tea with a good book as well as getting outside to hike and snowshoe. Grade 4 is an exciting adventure as your child finishes elementary school. I am looking forward to being their Learning Guide. Let the exploration begin!